Landcare Research NZ
Manaaki Whenua - Landcare Research is New Zealand's foremost environmental research organisation specialising in sustainable management of land resources optimising primary production, enhancing biodiversity, increasing the resource efficiency of businesses, and conserving and restoring the natural assets of our communities.
The largest of our research sites is at Lincoln, which is also home to our corporate office. We also have regional offices in Palmerston North and Hamilton, plus offices at Auckland, Gisborne, Nelson, Dunedin and Alexandra. Sirtrack Ltd (our subsidiary company that produces radio telemetry equipment for wildlife) is based at Havelock North.
We are New Zealand's foremost provider of environmental research services in the areas of:
- Biodiversity, Conservation & Ecosystem Processes - providing the means for assessing ecosystem condition, processes & effects of conservation & land management strategies.
- Biosecurity, Animal & Plant Pest Management - predicting & preventing the establishment of new pests & weeds. Managing the impact of pests in both rural and urban environments.
- GIS Mapping & Satellite Imagery - offering a range of services, tools & applications for land resource management, predictive modelling, plus extracting data from satellite images from anywhere on the globe.
- Greenhouse Gases & Carbon Sinks - services & management solutions for mitigating the effects of global climate change.
- International Business - offering consultancy services to international clients.
- Indigenous people - Working with Mäori and other indigenous people on Environmental Issues
- Pollution & Contamination - air, soil, water, biomarkers, remediation, & diagnostics.
- Rural Land Use - providing tools and knowledge required to sustain the natural resources that underpin a thriving primary production industry, both now and for the long-term.
- Social & Community Partnerships - offering services to improve & facilitate environmental management initiatives.
- Sustainable Business - services to develop & facilitate sustainable operating practices.
- Urban Environmental Management - offering long-term solutions towards improving urban design & the quality of urban life.
- Barringer, James - GIS and Land Evaluation
- Basher, Les - Geomorphologist
- Betts, Harley - Geomorphologist
- Brown, Pike - Senior Economist & Capability Leader
- Cavanagh, Jo - Researcher
- Collins, Alison - Erosion Processes
- Daigneault, Adam - Environmental and Natural Resource Economist
- Dymond, John - Remote Sensing and Image Processing
- Fenemor, Andrew - Integrated Catchment Management
- Lynn, Ian - Soil scientist / geomorphologist
- Newsome, Peter - GIS / Resource Management Scientist